Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Hermana Daly~August 24, 2009...Permaneced

Hola familia !! They just sent us the document "Permaneced" that we have been working with with the menos activos in English. So you guys have the opportunity to read what we share almost every day with menos activos, members, and some investigadors. We have studied "Permaneced" for a few months now and always learn something new. I love it!! I invite everyone to read and study it and to permanecer (remain strong) in the gospel! Other news...I´m continually learning the importance of gospel principles taught to children in the home diligently and continually by their parents. We had stake conference yesterday where a counselor from the Chile Area Presidency came and spoke. A current theme was the responsibilty of the parents in teaching their children the gospel as we are increasingly seeing spiritually lost youth and kids. I have as well increasingly read and studied the scriptures and Liahona articles about the importance of families rooted in the Gospel and with parents dedicated to teaching their children and being examples. One speaker in the stake conference reminded us that our families are everything. "No other success can compensate for failure in the home." We should ask ourselves "What have with done with the families Our Heavenly Father has sent us?" They are the most important!I have come to see that this is one reason I needed to come on a mission. To open up my eyes to a world where families are being destroyed and where children are growing up in unbelief. To know what I need to do as a mother someday to protect my famliy and to partake in eternal life together. I am eternally grateful that I grew up with gospel principles and love for the Heavenly Father, Christ, and Their gospel instilled in me from the beginning. Thanks again mom and dad for everything!! I am continual grateful every day! Seguid adelante y permaneced!! Love you all!
-Hermana Daly

2 comments:

Bob said...

Love the strength of your testimony, Hermana! You and Sean always were good FHE proponents.

Vanessa said...

I love Hermana Daly's little emails and words of wisdom! Thanks :)