Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Hermana Daly~November 19, 2008..next stop...CHILE!!

Hola familia y amigos!!!
> This is my last email from the MTC...next stop ANTOFAGASTA, CHILE!!! Oh my gosh, I can't even express how excited I am! And on top of that...guess who spoke at our last devotional last night?!? ELDER HOLLAND...he is my favorite apostle!! It was my thanksgiving/christmas/mission present for the year! I was so excited...I was sitting next to Hermana Jeppson before we knew who the speaker was, and we were like wouldn't that be just so amazing if Elder Holland came...then next second the doors opened and everyone stood up and it was HIM!! We freaked out to say the least and were so happy! It was a great talk...he loves missionary work and since his mission meant everything to him, he had some powerful advice and lessons for us! It was amazing!! He told us so much, but focused on how a huge part of our mission is oursevles...Preach My Gospel was made for the purpose of converting the missionary first, so they could then go out and teach with power and conviction. We need to come to know Christ and when we apply what is said in Mosiah 5:13 and Alma 37:36 about always having Christ in our mind and heart; then we will have a grand amazing mission and will have a launching pad to have that kind of focus on our Savior for the rest of our lives!! I could go on and on about the other things he told us, but time constrains me lol. Just reevaluate you life and ask yourselves if Christ is always in your minds and hearts. And if you are living a life where you have the constant companionship of the Spirit. Elder Holland told us we do have the presence of God with us and a divine companion...and that is the Holy Spirit. The is the key to being effective teachers and really the key to life...I continually learn how important the Spirit is for us!!! I am grateful for the experiences I have had here and for the constant presence of the Spirit!!
> I am just so excited to leave for Chile next Monday!! I am almost fluent in Spanish so no worries...haha just kidding. I'm sure I'll be wondering what language they are actually speaking when I get to Chile, but I know with the Lord's help I can do anything. I'm grateful to have had help with Spanish in the MTC and am so ready to speak the language in Chile with a lot of smiling and laughing when they don't understand me...well I'm sure they will understand my slow gringa accent, but I won't understand them lol. It will be great!
> Thank you all for your letters and love!!! I am so grateful for you!! Have a great thanksgiving and count the many blessings from our Heavenly Father. One of my blessings has been the weather in Provo...it is like summer!!! And during gym time I have been able to just go outside and sun bathe haha...it's pretty nice!
> Have an amazing birthday mother!!! And keep going strong Sean...you are amazing!!! It stinks that we can't really talk back and forth with the limited time of emails for missionaries, but I love you and pray for you everyday!!! Don't freeze in Poland :)
>
> Lots of love,
> Hermana Daly

1 comment:

Bob said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you, Hma. Alysia. Watch out, Antofagasta...Ya viene la Hermana Daly!