Monday, January 19, 2009

Hermana Daly~January 19, 2009...HOT,HOT,HOT!

Hola Familia!!!
> This week was quite HOT!!! And lots of walking because many of our citas weren´t in their houses, but at the beach. I don´t blame them…I would do the same thing lol. But they need to realize it´s their salvation lol!!
> But this past week was zone conference, which was amazing! And I actually understood a good part of it…Spanish is definitely getting better --- thank you for your prayers! But our mission goal for these next three months is focused on reactiving less actives…three men older than 18. All of Chile is focusing on retaining and reactivating their members…bringing souls unto Christ again. After conference we had some miracles with finding some really nice menos activos on the street! We still need to contact them in their houses, but I am excited to have this focus. Our other goal is at least two baptisms in the three months…I think I already told you guys this, but I don´t remember lol. Our overall goal of year 2009 for the mission is 800 baptisms. We achieved around 650 last year, 500 the year before, and then 300 in the preceeding years. So Pres. Urra has quite the grand vision for our mission this year!!! Exciting 
> We do have a pretty set bautismal date for the end of this month with a teen named Victor! He is way nice and smart…he understand all the Gospel principles and always says it makes sense and he will keep the commandments. He is a friend a member named Camilo, who is only ten…quite the influence though. We have the lessons in the member´s home. Missionary work is definitely way more successful with members…aka…everyone needs to help the missionaries out and share the gospel with EVERYONE! I wish I could redo my teenage-hood and actual share the Gospel with my friends and have the missionaries teach them. But the past has past…and I will look forward to after the mish when I convert all my friends lol.
> Well I don´t have any more time, but I love you all!!! Oh and we went to a place called Azapa today which was amazingly green and lots of flowers like a little oasis in the middle of the desert. I´ll have to send pics next week. So fun!!! Yay for Chile!!!
>
> Lots of love,
> Hermana Daly

No comments: